Art History Requirements
Pass at least 24 MCs of AH, AH-recognised modules, which include the following:
- AH2101 Introduction to Art History
- A minimum 8 MCs at level-3000
- Where applicable, at least 12 MCs must be taken from outside the full set of modules that make up the student’s primary major. Up to 8 MCs of modules may be used to meet the requirements of both the Major and Minor programmes.
- While it is not mandatory, students looking to complete the Minor are strongly encouraged to read AH3204: Methods and Approaches to Art History
- While it is not mandatory, students are advised to read AH2202: Modern Art: A Critical Introduction and AH3201: A History of Contemporary Art before / in conjunction with AH3202: Time Traveller: The Curatorial in Southeast Asia.
- Students are allowed to use up to 8 MCs to meet the requirements for both the Minor and a Major or another Minor, at the same time; however, the credits for these modules would be counted ONCE. FASS students would still need to fulfill the MCs required for the Unrestricted Electives (outside major) requirement.
- For students on overseas exchange, credit transfer of up to 8 MCs of relevant modules for the Minor may be accepted. Please refer to the Maximum Number of Credit Transfer for SEP Students for more information.
- Please refer to FASS website for specific guidelines governing Minor Programmes offered by Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences.