- Students are not allowed to read level-4000 PL modules.
- * As PL3231 and the PL328x lab modules serve the same purpose of strengthening the empirical research skills of students, students are only allowed to read a maximum of 2 such modules, in any of the following combinations: (1) PL3231, (2) PL328x, (3) PL3231 + PL328x, (4) PL328x + PL328x.
- The following are PL-recognised modules:
ID3127 Transdisciplinary Innovation Project
LSM3215 Neuronal Signaling and Memory Mechanisms
LSM3216 Neuronal Development and Diseases
MUA3230 Music Cognition
PH2201 Introduction to the Philosophy of Science
PH2241 Philosophy of Mind
PH3201 Philosophy of Social Science
PH3242 The Self
EC3305 Programming Tools for Economics (applicable for Cohort 2016 onwards)
EC3394 Economics and Psychology (applicable for Cohort 2016 onwards)
MNO1706 Organisational Behaviour (applicable for Cohort 2017 onwards)
NM3234 Leadership, Organisations and New Media (applicable for Cohort 2016 onwards)
NM3234Y Leadership, Organisations and Communication (applicable for Cohort 2016 onwards; for PL-CNM and CNM-PL double-major students only)
NM3239 Retrieving, Exploring and Analysing Data (applicable for Cohort 2016 onwards)
NM3239Y Retrieving, Exploring and Analysing Data (applicable for Cohort 2016 onwards; for PL-CNM and CNM-PL double-major students only)
SW3208 Negotiation & Conflict Resolution (applicable for Cohort 2016 onwards)
SW3209 Counselling Theories & Practice (applicable for Cohort 2016 onwards)
- Students intending to do a double major in PL and SW are advised to read PL2131 in their first year because the module serves as a gate for determining whether one could pursue a major in Psychology and also because it could be read in place of SW3101.
- MNO1706 Organisational Behaviour could be used to fulfil the graduation requirements for the Psychology Second Major for Cohort 2017 onwards. The module could be read in place of PL3239 Industrial and Organisational Psychology. However, students are welcome to read both MNO1706 and PL3239 if they wish to and count them towards the PL graduation requirements.
- Students from cohort 2009 and after who would like to major in Psychology at NUS have to obtain a grade of B- or better for the PL1101E and a grade of B- or better for the PL2131 module. From Cohort 2018 onwards (except those who secured their place in NUS before 2018), there will be no placement tests for students who fail to attain the minimum B- grades for PL1101E and PL2131 to major in Psychology.